2 large eggplants,halved
4 cubes Dorot garlic
3 cubes Dorot basil
1 shallot, minced
1/2 cup red bell pepper,small dice
1/2 cup olive oil
2 T lemon juice
salt/pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Brush eggplant with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and roast for 25 minutes or until soft when pierced with fork. Set aside to cool.
3. Saute garlic,red bells and shallots in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until soft. 3-5 minutes.
4. Once eggplant is cool scoop out flesh add to food processor and puree adding remainder of olive oil slowly, until smooth.
5. Transfer to mixing bowl and add remainder of ingredients and season to taste. Serve warm with pita chips or your favorite dipper.
Back to 'Recipes'