Serves: 6 people
500g Lean Minced Beef
1 Onion (large, chopped finely)
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil (for frying)
2 Dorot Crushed Garlic Cubes
2 Dorot Chopped Coriander Cubes
1 Dorot Chopped Chili Cubes
1 tbsp Ground Cumin
¼ tsp Cayenne Powder
400g Plum Tomatoes (tinned, peeled & chopped)
1½ tsp Salt
220g Potatoes (peeled & cut into 1.5cm cubes)
1. Heat the oil on a medium heat and add the onion when hot. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the onion starts to brown.
2. Add the Dorot garlic cubes and chopped green chili and stir fry for an additional minute.
3. Add the meat and continue to stir fry until the meat is browned.
4. Reduce the heat and add the cumin, cayenne and Dorot coriander cubes and continue to fry for 3 minutes, stirring continuously to ensure that the meat is well coated in the spices.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt and bring the mixture back to a gentle boil.
6. Add the potatoes and stir well. If the potatoes are not completely covered by the liquid then add some of the water.
7. Bring back to the boil, cover and then simmer gently for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
Back to 'Recipes'