1 kg Beef Neck (chopped into 4cm cubes)
½ cup Brandy
Salt & black pepper
¼ Olive Oil
1 ltr Water
2 Carrots (peeled & chopped roughly)
2 large Onions (peeled & chopped roughly)
1 Celery Root (cubed)
3 Dorot Frozen Coriander Cubes
3 Dorot Frozen Garlic Cubes
3 Potatoes (pealed and quartered)
½ bottle Red Wine
A little flour
1. Place the meat, carrots, onion, celery and red wine in a bowl and leave to stand for 12 hours.
2. Drain the meat and vegetables from the liquid and place to one side.
3. Coat the meat with the flour and then place into a heated heavy pan with a little olive oil and leave to brown gently on all sides and then season with salt & pepper.
4. Add the onions & celery and stir thoroughly.
5. Add the brandy and cook until the liquids almost reach boiling point.
6. Add the red wine from the marinade and the water and bring to the boil.
7. Add the Dorot frozen garlic cubes, cover the pan and cook on a reduced heat for about an hour.
8. Then add the carrots, potatoes and the Dorot coriander cubes and cook on a low heat for an additional half an hour. Season and serve.
Back to 'Recipes'