with fresh strawberries and caramel matzot - Kosher for Passover
for 8 servings
Ingredients (Coconut Cream & Ginger):
2 tins Coconut Milk (400ml each)
¾ cup Sugar
8 Egg Whites
½ cup Corn Flour
3 Dorot Crushed Ginger Cubes
Ingredients (Caramel Matzot):
4 whole Matzot
¾ cup Sugar
1 cup Coconut Milk
20 fresh Strawberries
1. Melt the corn flour using 200ml coconut milk.
2. Add the egg whites, sugar and mix thoroughly.
3. Heat the remainder of the coconut milk (600ml) in a medium sized pan and add the corn flour mix to it.
4. Add the Dorot ginger cubes and mix thoroughly on a low heat until the mixture thickens into cream.
5. Remove from the heat and refrigerate.
Preparation (Caramel Matzot)
1. Dampen the matzot with water until they begin to soften.
2. Cut the matzot into circles using a knife or pastry cutter.
3. Using a large frying pan, melt the sugar on a low heat and then had the coconut milk, mixing well all the time.
4. Dip the matzot rounds into the mixture on both sides, remove and then drain.
1. Halve the strawberries.
2. Place on each matza round the coconut cream and the strawberries.
3. Repeat this process until a tower has formed, and then serve.
Back to 'Recipes'